Friday, July 3, 2009

What a Week!

I'd like to echo several of my teammates emotions as I sit here writing at the end of an extremely overwhelming week! There are no words to truly describe the world we have engulfed ourselves in.  My eyes and ears feel as if they are being deceived day after day. The children were waiting for us again today as we arrived at Rehabs house in Svay Pak, Cambodia. They were so exited to see us, I was bombarded with several hugs at the same time I couldn’t help but squeeze them and tell them I loved them, even though I know they had no clue what I was saying. Could we be breaking through to them? Is it because we're American? Is it because we have been so nice to them? Could it be they can see Jesus living inside of us? Impossible to tell but I'd like to think it’s a little of all three in one. The reality is most of the kids are excited. We are there and that’s all that matters.  They argued over whose house we would visit and we visited as many as we could before our vbs session started. We were able to pray for several families, all in which we pray God would show the love and mercy of his son in a real tangible way. Towards the end of our first vbs session we were faced with the very reality we had been hearing about: an unknown American male had just sat down at small coffee shop right across from Rahab's house where we were teaching. Dustin and I couldn’t help but stare at the man. When we finally had enough info and the ok from our partners we decided to go talk to him. Fortunately (for him) he jumped into a car and left. As we walked back and explained to everyone what happened, I began to wonder, what would I have really done? Would Dustin and I had confronted him? Maybe roughed him up a bit? Maybe I would have just broke down and pleaded for his soul, wondering what he could have possibly gone through to be sitting in his present frame of mind? I almost began seeing things through God's eyes before realizing my crazed emotions were getting the best of me. I decided to focus on the kids. We took pictures, we wrestled, I spun as many as I could around until I almost threw up, and it was awesome. As we drove away, the children chased us. Little Husia blew me a kiss good bye. I caught it and put it in my heart. I plan to keep it there forever…who knows maybe they do see Jesus in us and if not we still have another weekJ

Robi C.H. Quick and Team Cambodia

2 comments:

  1. Every time I read one of these posts I can hardly do it for the tears in my eyes.
    We are praying for you and know that God will expand your hearts to hold all those kisses forever.
    I think of the song that was sung at Breakaway about seeing others as God sees us. Thats my prayer for all of you.
    Sue Batz

    ReplyDelete
  2. i say rough him up! J/K you guys are doing great PTL!!!

    ReplyDelete